British Gas is credited as being the largest supplier of energy within the United Kingdom. The company provides homes and businesses with gas and electricity, and additionally offers boiler fitting, roof insulation, and various other home services. British Gas has been around for many years, and was originally part of government-run venture. In 1986, the company made the move to privatization, raising billions of pounds for the British treasury. Today, BG continues to supply energy to millions of customers, while simultaneously promoting the safest and most economical ways of providing gas and electricity to homes and businesses.
British Gas Contact Number: 0870 280 5123
Call To Get Connected Directly To Brtish Gas Customer Service
Quick Contact Number is a call forwarding service and is not affiliated with any of the companies listed on this website.
The official contact number for British Gas can be found on their official website here: www.britishgas.co.uk
British Gas Contact Number
Should you need to contact the company, British Gas contact number 0870 280 5123 can be used to connect to the customer service department. While there is plenty of information to be found on the company website (http://www.britishgas.co.uk), some issues are best addressed by speaking directly with a representative. Calling the number listed above will connect you to the customer service line, where you can speak with someone about any of the topics listed below:
- • Billing and Payments
• Online Accounts
• Boiler and Homecare Packages
• Meters Service
• Meter Readings
• Tariffs and Add-ons
• Pay As You Go Plans
• Scheduling a Move
• Establishing New Service
• Remote Heating Control
• Reporting Emergencies
• And More
Supplemental contact methods include emails, which can be sent from the company website, and social media. Email is a viable contact method for many questions and problems, but it will not be the best option when you need an answer quickly, or need to report an emergency. Social media is best used for general inquiries, and should never be used to discuss your personal account details, billing questions, or anything related to payment methods.
British Gas contact hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday – 8:00am – 6:00pm
During these hours, you can call for help with anything related to your account or billing statement. Representatives can also be reached during these hours if you to have any questions answered. Outside of these hours, email and social media are the only contact option, with the exception of emergency situations, which can be reported at any time, day or night.
Alternate Ways to Contact British Gas
While dialing the British Gas phone number listed above will put you in touch with a representative during business hours, you may need to use a different method of contact at other times. There are alternative options which can be used to contact the company. Emails can be submitted directly from the website by filling out the form. If you are interested in trying to find answers for yourself before calling or emailing then visit the British Gas Help & Advice page on their website. This page allows users to select from specific categories to learn more, or submit specific questions and find answers.
British Gas Feedback and Complaints
British Gas is known for listening to feedback and working hard to resolve problems. The feedback received resulted in the company creating a permanent Customer Board in 2011, with the purpose being to continually listen to customers and make necessary changes and improvements. If you are interested in providing your own feedback or issuing a complaint, contact British Gas at 0870 280 5123. A few of the changes that have been made over the past few years as a direct result of feedback include:
Redesigned Bill – A less cluttered bill is now provided, including easy-to-read energy usage numbers, tips on how to save on costs, and more. This change was made after customers requested a billing statement that would be easy to decipher, and would allow them to clearly understand their charges.
Introduction of Remote Heating Control – The feature allows customers to adjust their heat setting via the internet or mobile device. This feature makes it easy to make adjustments from anywhere, and can certainly be used to control heating and cooling costs.
Tariff Checks – These are conducted every 6-months, and work to tell customers if they could be paying less by using a different tariff. Since there are several tariffs to choose from, and customers are allowed to choose, it is possible that you could pay less by selecting a different rate plan. This check will do the homework for you, and let you know the result.
Tariff Minimization – Tariff types have been cut down to only two – fixed or variable. This makes the selection process easier to understand, but does not limit the rate options that customers are allowed to choose from. The current rate options can be viewed below.
Installation of New Smart Meters – Thousands of new meters have been installed in homes and businesses, allowing customers to compare their energy usage for different time-frames. Usage targets can then be set in order to save money. Contact British Gas if you are interested in updating to a new Smart Meter.
British Gas Tariff Choices
There are four tariff choices that BG customers can choose from. By offering four to choose from, customers are able to better control their energy spending. Fixed pricing allows you to pay a set monthly amount that does not vary and is locked in for a set period of time. Variable pricing allows you to pay a monthly amount that is determined by your exact amount of usage.
- • Fixed Price – Even if prices rise, the price you pay remains the same. Additionally, there are no exit fees should you decide to change suppliers. Fixed price plans are contract plans, meaning that you will need to remain a customer under the plan you selected for the duration of the contract. Early exit could result in the need to pay penalties.
- • Standard Variable – Variable prices which changes along with the market. Gas price is reduced by 5%. Again, there is no exit fee should you make a change to a different supplier. If you like having extremely tight control over your spending, then a variable plan may be right for you. However, the general rate could be a bit more than fixed rate if energy prices do go up.
- • Fix & Reward – Fixed prices for a set period of time. Includes £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate. No exit fees for changing suppliers. This plan really does not differ much from the regular fixed rate plan, with the exception being that you will be able to earn rewards such as Amazon gift certificates for selecting and sticking with this tariff.
- • Fix & Fall – Fixed prices that will not go up, but might come down if market prices decrease. Gas price reduced by 5%. No exit fees. With this plan, the price you pay will not increase for the duration of the contract. However, the price could decrease if market prices for energy fall. There is no guarantee that the price will decrease at any point, but the possibility is there.
- *Note that all four of these plans include a £15 Dual Fuel discount.
It is possible to request a quote by calling British Gas number 0870 280 5123. Additionally, both customers and non-customers are able to request a quote online. This page requires just some basic information and should take no longer than 2-3 minutes to complete. Submission of this form does not place you under any obligation to subscribe to service or change services. If you would prefer to discuss the available tariff options with an agent, or would like a recommendation based upon your expected usage, contact British Gas.
British Gas on Social Media
In addition to using email or phone, social media can be used to contact British Gas. Questions and comments can be submitted via both Twitter and Facebook. Representatives are available to help with problems reported via social media, but should you have an emergency that requires immediate attention, use British Gas phone number 0870 280 5123 to call and report the problem as soon as possible. For non-emergencies, feel free to use social media to learn more about the services offered by the company.
British Gas Products & Services
British Gas offers a wide range of services and does not limit itself to gas and electricity only. The following is a list of services, products, and features offered by the company:
- • Homecare Packages – Helps you to avoid repair costs for broken boilers, faulty electronics, broken pipes, and more. There are many different packages to choose from, with variable pricing.
- • One-Off Repairs – Repair service for boilers, kitchen appliances, electronics, and more. These repairs can be paid for on an as-need basis, and are not a part of the aforementioned Homecare Packages.
- • Boiler & Heating Cover – Coverage for breakdowns and repairs. Optional annual service can be added.
- • New Boilers – Pay in full, or make payments. An adviser can help you to select the boiler that is right for your home. Help is also available for scheduling installation.
- • Appliance Cover – Protection against the cost of having appliances repaired or replaced. Stoves, refrigerators, and more can be protected under this cover.
- • Landlord Products – Packages to provide support and cover for landlords who are responsible for the cost of upkeep, maintenance, and repairs.
- • Hire Active Heating – Allows you to control your heat setting from a computer, smartphone, or mobile device. Includes system shut off or on, and temperature adjustment.
- • Plumbing & Drainage – Help with burst pipes or clogged drains. Get help when you need it and pay the exact cost of repairs completed.
- • Home Electrics – Help with fuse boxes and more.
- • Energy Saving – Assistance with selecting the products and services that will save you money. There are several different ways to save, including optimal tariffs for your usage and energy-saving electrics, appliances, and more.
- • Home and Contents Insurance – Complete cover for your home and everything in it.
British Gas Emergency Contact
Dial 0870 280 5123 to report electrical and gas emergencies. This British Gas contact number may also be used to report faulty appliances. If you smell gas or suspect that you have a leak, call the contact number immediately. To report electric problems, you will need to find your electricity network operator. Regional contact information can be found on the British Gas website. Emergency reporting hours are not the same as standard business hours. Call 24-hours a day if you need to report any type of emergency situation.